For over 100 years, Union League Boys & Girls Clubs have been at the forefront of youth development, serving the after-school development needs of Chicago’s youth. Founded on December 26, 1919 as a foundation of the Union League Club of Chicago, Union League Boys & Girls Clubs has grown to a distinct and effective organization that today provides quality programming centered on academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles to over 15,000 youth across Chicago.
We currently have a total of 19 sites in the Chicago neighborhoods of Bucktown, Englewood, Humboldt Park, Pilsen, South Lawndale and West Town. This includes a collaborative program for justice-involved youth with the Cook County Juvenile Detention Center and a 247-acre residential summer camp in Wisconsin. The fall of 2021 we opened up 7 new sites open in three new communities (Armour Square, Archer Heights, Ukranian Village) in addition to some of our current areas. Union League Boys & Girls Clubs strives to break down barriers for our members and help them build successful lives as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
Each day, more than 2,000 youth enter one of our Clubs, which offer programs such as homework help and tutoring, arts-focused instruction, sports and physical activity, STEM instruction and robotics, and critical mentorship to ensure our youth have the guidance to be successful in college and future careers. Additionally, consistent with our mission to enable all youth to reach their full potential, each member receives a nutritious meal each day; and in 2020, in partnership with the Greater Chicago Food Depository, we served more than 200,000 meals to our members.
Union League Boys & Girls Clubs has been affiliated with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America since 1920, and is one of many Boys & Girls Clubs organizations in Chicagoland. Union League Boys & Girls Clubs is a separate organization from Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago and maintains distinct Club sites, employees, members, and supporters.